Arenberg Accelerator (Bio-incubator 4 and 5)
In December 2022, phase 1 of the ‘Arenberg Accelerator’, being Bio-Incubator IV, was partially commissioned. In the autumn of 2022, work started on phase 2 of the ‘Arenberg Accelerator’, being the Bio-Incubator V. This is a collaboration of Proof of the sum and SVR-Architects after winning this competition launched by KULeuven. It will produce corona tests and eye medication, among other things. The new accelerator building is spread over six floors with:
– separate, flexible, multifunctional and rentable lab-office units for biotech and support services;
– a large number of common areas such as meeting facilities, consultation areas and a cafeteria;
– storage areas, technical rooms and bicycle parking below ground level.
– emergency power generator and gas storage.
- Client: NV Bio-Incubator Leuven
- Completion date: Phase 1 (Bio-Incubator IV): April 2023, Phase 2 (Bio-Incubator V): January 2024
- Locatie: Leuven (Gaston Geenslaan), Belgium
- Status: in construction
- Floor area:
Phase 1 (total 9,120 m²): 5,925 m² laboratories + offices / 2,610 m² communal spaces / 370 m² underground bicycle parking / 215 m² technical spaces
Phase 2 (total 5,520 m²): 3,800 m² laboratories + offices / 1,240 m² common spaces / 480 m² technical spaces (incl. gas storage)
Utility: offices & common functions
- Rendering: Proof of the sum and SVR-Architects