The U-shaped volume has been designed and furnished as office space (a total of 16 separately rentable units). Two of these units, on the ground floor and first floor, in the transverse wing at the level of the Van Kerkhovenstraat bend, will be set up as cafeterias.
The catering facility is located on the ground floor. The first floor will be furnished with communal meeting facilities, connected by an internal staircase with voids to the ground floor.
This building is the final piece of the Zuidpoort master plan in Mechelen.
- Client: ViRiX N.V.
- Completion date: fall 2022
- Location (street)/country: Mechelen(Van Kerckhovenstraat)/Belgium
- Status: start spring 2021
- Floor area: 5.950 m² offices / 250 m² cafetaria
- Type: Utility and housing
- Images: SVR-ARCHITECTS