Expansion hospital (building Q)
The new extension to the existing hospital consists of a ground floor and five storeys and is therefore as high as the existing hospital block. The new building is connected to the hospital block by d.m.v. a connecting building that connects between hospital blocks A and B.
Functions per floor:
– Ground floor: consultations
– 1st floor: surgical day hospital with 6 + 2 ORs
– 2nd floor: operating theater with 14 + 2 ORs
– 3rd floor: bio-engineers, CSA, central storage, OR technology
– 4th and 5th floor: INZO with 4×15 Intensive rooms.
- Client: UZA
- Completion date: June 2023
- Location: Edegem (Drie Eikenstraat 655), Belgium
- Status: under construction
- Floor area: 26.233 m²
- Type: ziekenhuis
- Images: SVR-ARCHITECTS / CIT Blaton