On 13 December, the “Jef Van Ranst Prize” award ceremony and expo (Theaterplein) took place at the Singel in Antwerp.
Prior to the expo, the Panel discussion “The power of the sketch”.
Marie-José Van Hee of the design office Marie-José Van Hee Architects, and chairman of the jury Jef Van Ranst Award 2022, talked to Dirk Somers, founder Bovenbouw Architecten, Walter Van Oerle, SVR-ARCHITECTS, Riet Eeckhout, drawing researcher KU Leuven and young architects.
The winners of the Jef Van Ranst 2022 Prize are known! The students from the Flemish architecture faculties each inspired the jury in their own way. A rich collection of quick sketches, interspersed with elaborate drawings and a special variety of techniques gave shape to ideas and concepts. From the many design collections from all faculties, the jury decided by a majority vote that the Jef Van Ranst Prize, 2022 edition, would be awarded to:
- Celine Lecouturier, Master of Architecture KU Leuven – Faculty of Architecture
- Anna-Lisa Custers, Bachelor of Architecture UHasselt – Faculty of ARK
And with an honourable mention on top for
- Ard Dusseljee, Bachelor KU Leuven – Faculty of Architecture
- Arno Chavée, master KU Leuven – Faculty of Architecture
- Siemen Veugen, master UHasselt – Faculty of ARK.
Congratulations to the winners and all participants.