Research building and Donor center Red Cross
On the site of the Antwerp University Hospital, a new building is being realized by UZA between the existing hospital and the care hotel. This building will be occupied by 2 different users. The building consists of 2 parallel elongated volumes that are connected by a central volume where both horizontal and vertical circulation and the technical shafts are accommodated.
The new Red Cross donor center will move into the ground floor of the east wing. The other single-storey wing and floors +1 and +2 will be equipped for SGS Life Sciences – CPU Antwerp. This is a clinical research center and performs around 40 studies a year.
- Client: UZA
- Completion date: 2021
- Location: Edegem (Drie Eikenstraat 655), Belgium
- Status: under construction
- Floor area: 8.556 m2 buildings / 1.733 m2 hardening / 3.162 m2 landscaping
- Type: Utility and healthcare
- Renderings: SVR-ARCHITECTS